Local Residents close to the proposed development of Altys Brickworks and adjacent Greenfield in Hesketh Bank & Tarleton received notification dated 22nd March that Persimmon Homes lodged a planning application for 211 dwellings on the site of Altys old brick works and the adjacent Greenfield site.
The application reference number is 2016/0279/ARM – Approval of Reserved Matters for the erection of 211 dwellings including associated infrastructure and details of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale.
Documents relating to the application may be viewed on the planning website using that reference, or through this link:
2016/0279/ARM – associated documents
Of the 211 dwellings, 46 are planned to be built within the, an area protected against residential development in the West Lancashire’s 2012-2027 by Policy EN2.5.
In their Planning statement, Persimmon seek to justify their assault on the on the basis that neither the Marine Management Organisation nor the Environment Agency have objected to their plan. Unfortunately for Persimmon, the makes no mention of relaxing policy EN2.5 in the event of lack of objection to a plan to build there.
We hope our Council and their officers have the integrity to uphold the policies in theto protect the villages from an unsustainable over-development. Upholding the policy regarding alone will reduce the development by 22% and bring a huge benefit to residents of a reduction in future traffic flows along local roads, Hesketh Lane in particular.
If you wish to comment on this application you can do so in the following ways:
- Through the Council’s website Online Service – Planning Application Comments
(enter the new application number 2016/0279/ARM)
- By email to email@example.com
(include full application reference number (2016/0279/ARM) and your full name and address
send your comment as a word or PDF attachment then your email address will not be publicly displayed)
- By writing to:
P.O. Box16, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk. West Lancashire L39 2DF
(include full application reference number (2016/0279/ARM) and your full name and address)
Comments must be received no later than 21st April 2016
How to make a valid planning comment:
Comments on Planning Applications are only valid if they include the following:
- Include reference to the planning application (in this case 2016/0279/ARM)
(it is good practice to also describe this: “Building of up to 211 dwellings on Altys Brickworks and adjoining Greenfield” should do)
- You must include Your full name & address
- Don’t use your signature, just print your name
- Don’t include your telephone number
- Don’t be rude or abusive or your comment will be rejected
- If you want your comment to be taken as an objection, use the words “I object” so your intentions are clear
- A group comment counts as one comment so send individual ones
- Send your comments by one of the methods shown above